LET'S GET TO WORK
The Business Roundtable just mainstreamed the principles of the B Corp movement in a Statement on the Purpose of the Corporation. While we encourage all companies to pursue certifying as a B Corporation, we recommend the following steps as a starting point for those leaders of large and/or public companies who are ready to take action:
Elect Benefit Corporation Status
Benefit Corporation status legally enables a corporation to balance the impact on their stakeholders in addition to their shareholders in their decision-making.
• Download a one page overview
• Read Benefit Corporation Law and Governance: Pursuing Profit with Purpose
• Learn how to convert your company
• Meet with your General Counsel and slate benefit corp on your next board agenda
• Reach out to B Corp law firms that are well-versed in this topic
• Discuss your leadership with investors and ask them to support more companies that choose to take action
Join B Movement Builders
B Movement Builders are large and multinational companies who seek to build and support the B Corp movement, creating a new narrative about the purpose of business.
Learn how leaders are taking action: to combat short termism, to catalyze a shift in the culture, and to operate a system of business and finance that will upend shareholder primacy.
• Contact us to learn more
33 B Corp leaders wrote a response to the Business Roundtable and published in the New York Times on August 25, 2019.